The MOP’s ‘Overflow Pot’ is BACK!
The Circuit’s Mystery Out Pot HAS REACHED the ‘$2500 CAP’. Therefore, we will be implementing ‘The Overflow Pot’ and will HAVE TWO (2) MOP Draws until the Main Pot is Won. The Overflow pot has been asleep for quite a long time. See below for details.
How high can the total amount of money in the “Mystery Out Pot” get?
There is a ‘CAP’ or ‘Ceiling’ on the amount of funds which can be held in any one MOP. The CAP is currently set at $2,500 which pays out $1,000 to each winner.
Is there ever a Second MO number drawn?
Yes, there can be! See below.
What happens when the ‘CAP’ or ‘Ceiling’ is reached?
When the ‘Ceiling’ is reached the MOP is considered ‘Full’; and all funds collected at each nightly tournament thereafter will be placed into an ‘Overflow Pot’ and a SECOND DRAWING for the funds in this ‘Overflow Pot’ WILL OCCUR, until the original MOP has been won.
Tell me about this ‘Overflow Pot’ and the ‘Second Drawing’.
First, an ‘Overflow Pot’ can ONLY exist when the CAP has been reached. It is a temporary Pot. The amount of funds in the ‘Overflow Pot’ will continue to increase, until a WINNER of the MOP has been drawn or a winner of the ‘Overflow Pot’ has been drawn (see next question for more details). After there is a winner of the MOP, all the remaining funds in the ‘Overflow Pot’ and the remaining 20% of the total MOP funds (minus the PSP funds management fee) will become available at the next night’s tournament back in the original MOP.
What is the SECOND DRAWING and how does it work?
When the MOP’s CAP has been reached and an ‘Overflow Pot’ has been established, a second and separate potential winning number for the ‘Overflow Pot’ is drawn. The same MOP rules apply to this Second Drawing for the ‘Overflow Pot’. If a player/team’s reserved number is pulled as a winner, they would win 80% of the accrued funds that are currently in the ‘Overflow Pot’. The other 20% will remain in the ‘Overflow Pot’ for the next night’s drawing or until the main MOP has been won at which time the ‘Overflow Pot’ ceases to exist with its funds being placed back in the original MOP.